If you missed it on our MAIN PAGE...
IF ALL THE "CAR SLOTS FOR 2" are SOLD OUT, THEN WE HAVE NO MORE CAR SLOTS AVAILABE FOR THAT SHOW!
If You Do NOT HAVE A "CAR SLOT FOR 2" Ticket, You DO NOT HAVE a TICKET TO ENTER THE DRIVE-IN. And for Social Distancing" Sake you can only have additional passengers if they are IN THE CAR WITH YOU! There are NO WALK IN OPTIONS FOR NOW (except in our 14 person Forest Screen.) Lets make this a safe and comfortable night out for everyone.
----> WE ARE NOT OFFERING HATCHBACKS TO BE OPEN or SITTING IN TRUCK BEDS. You must stay in your car at all times. Your windows must be 75 percent up if not wearing a mask.
If this is a "Deal breaker" for you, than please wait till later in the year to come when we can safely allow that option again.
Because of our In Car Only Policy we are allowing cars to keep RUNNING for Air Conditioning.
With everything changing by the minute right now, we wanted to be sure you were aware of our policy on refunds.
We do not offer refunds. We offer make up tickets for nights WE have to cancel. On nights that we are rained out, we will create a make up date that you can use your ticket for, or you can request a change of date/movie when we send your raincheck! If the Drive-in is required to close for a period of time by Government mandate (ie-shelter in place), we will move all currently posted movie dates and tickets.
DO NOT BUY TICKETS TO THE DRIVE-IN AT THIS TIME IF YOU CAN NOT agree to our RULES and cannot BE FLEXIBLE WITH YOUR TICKET PURCHASE BASED ON WEATHER or ANY OTHER HEALTH RELATED SHORT TERM CITY POLICIES OUT OF OUR CONTROL. WE HAVE HUNDREDS OF FAMILIES, COUPLES, AND MOVIE LOVERS WANTING TO RESERVE A SPACE AT OUR LITTLE DRIVE-IN FOR WHENEVER WE ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE A NIGHT FOR THEM. So please only buy tickets if you can re-use them at a later date should the situation arise!
We hope to provide a wonderful outing and escape for as many of you as possible! Thank you for your interest and continued support, it means everything. Love and Celluloid, The Blue
Subject: Blue Starlite Drive-In Austin REOPENS MAY 4!
ROUND ROCK IS OPEN UNDER STRICT GUIDELINES
Dear beloved customers of Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In,
WE ARE BACK! Austin REOPENS MAY 4 AND TICKETS ARE LIVE AND LIMITED!
MAY 4TH Austin IS BACK!
Ticket sales for the season are still live. Show dates will resume ON MAY 4, when you can finally get out of the house to see a movie! Early MAY Austin is already LIVE!
and ROUND ROCK IS STILL OPEN! AND TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE!
If you have already purchased tickets, they are still valid. You will be able to use them when the Drive-In reopens on the rescheduled date assigned to it. If you cannot make it to the new date we will work with you to find a make up date that works for you.
We are experiencing an overwhelming influx of emails and voicemails right now, and we appreciate your patience while we get back to everyone. You can also reach us on Facebook (Austin and Round Rock) with questions.
This information is subject to change depending on what happens over the next few weeks, so check back on the website for updates: www.bluestarlitedrivein.com.
Thank you so much for supporting your local drive-in. We can’t wait to show you more movies next month!
Love and Celluloid,
The Blue Starlite Actual
The Drive-in in the age of “Social Distancing.” A update on our nightly operation from the Blue Starlite South Austin & Round Rock.
There are currently 327 Drive-in movie theaters in the country. We own 2 of them. The smallest ones! (“mini urban drive-in”) One in Austin and our new one in Round Rock.
There are roughly 5,833 movie theaters in the country.
At least for the next couple of months, drive-in’s appear to be the saviors of cinema, and going out in general! We’re gonna need a few more drive-ins!
With that said we are really upset and worried about our peers who own and work at indoor cinemas and hope that these closures end as soon as possible so the movie theater industry can get back on its feet, employees can get their security back, and continue to offer all the great cinematic experiences that Drive-in’s (although a special one of a kind experience in itself) can not.
Who would have thought that drive-in movies would one day AGAIN become the most attractive option for going out? While the coronavirus is a very serious thing and we are all taking steps to minimize its impact, who knows how long the threat will last and how many events will be cancelled? Are we all supposed to stay home for weeks or even months to come. We at the Blue Starlite are doing our best to help.
We are devastated by the cancellation of SXSW and have offered film makers who were cancelled a screen to show their creative offerings on Tuesday, March 17. If you can’t go to SXSW, please stop by then to support its film makers.
The most important thing that we offer is “social distancing” from the comfort of your car. You drive in, enjoy a movie and concessions all in the comfort and safety of your car.
We are of course concerned with our crews and with your safety and emotional comfort and take that very seriously. So there are a few things we are doing differently to make a night out as enjoyable but also as safe as possible.
The big one... You do not have to hand us your phone at the gate as you used to do! You should just pull your ticket up and scroll thru facing the window so we can see it. That’s all we need. And we will stand at least 3 feet away from your window. Also...
1. Concessions- We are only serving our TASTY TREAT package (1 Popcorn, and 2 Candies), pre-ordered that comes with your car slot. When you arrive we will give it to you at check-in from the comfort of your car! Want an extra popcorn or candy or to get a soda or Radio? You can come to our concession stand for those limited items. and YES you can bring your own FOOD and DRINK as The Blue Starlite has ALWAYS ALLOWED! We even have a number you can text for these additional items on our main page when you are parked on site and we will bring them to you if you do not feel comfortable getting out of your car.
All of our concessions are pre-sealed.
2. Bathrooms. We keep our bathrooms very clean. During this time, our bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized every hour. Sanitizers will be provided. However if you’d prefer to leave and go down the street to either the public bathrooms in old settlers park in Round Rock or in Austin down to the Starbucks or HEB we will make sure you have room to leave and come back quickly and safely.
3. We have hand sanitizer at our concession stand and are adding an additional station in walk-in pedestrian area.
4. We are cutting our tickets that are available for walk ins and only offering additional PASSENGERS IN A CAR.
5. If you buy a ticket and then decide you are not comfortable going out that’s ok. We will honor it whenever you do decide to reschedule.
6. We will be limiting our forest sit in screen to 10 people. YES! 10 people! that is 5 couples of 2. So each 2 people will have up to 15 feet of space between them and the other people.
7. We will be limiting our Car Spaces to HALF our normal amount. Our Main Screen will only have 20 car spaces until further notice and we will only allow a limited number of additional passengers per car above the 2 that come with a car space. (Austin location only) For ROUND ROCK we will only be allowing 35 cars out of our usual 55.
We look forward to doing our best to show you a good time under the circumstances and to support SXSW artists. And as always see you soon at the drive-in!